Sunday, July 11, 2010

Post #11


I found the discussion with Ms. Cassidy was very helpful.Her class video was a good overview of how technology is used in her classroom. I think it is great that the students are learning to blog at such a young age. Also, I like how Ms. Cassidy informs her students how to use the internet in a safe and wise way.

When I start teaching, I would love for the class to blog. Actually, when I was in elementary school we didn't have computers, but we wrote in our journals and illustrated them. We didn't get to really show to many people our journals. With the blog the students can share their experiences at school with a larger audience. I think having a class web page is useful tool also. I would be able to post what we are doing in the classroom daily, post assignments, and also have links to educational pages that may be useful to the students. I also think it would be fun to share class videos with other classes of the same grade level. It's always fun to interact with other students from other places.

Many of the questions asked in Ms. Cassidy's interview with the EDM310 were very helpful. She is a good example of a teacher that believes in continuous learning and trying new things.I agree with Ms. Cassidy that we shouldn't be teaching students the same way students were taught twenty years ago. The world is not the same.I sometimes feel that I am a little behind when it comes to technology. Ms. Cassidy didn't claim to be some computer expert, but that she learned as time went along. I am glad she was honest that not all administrators are pro technology. I am willing to use technology in the classroom, but it really makes me wonder what I will be allowed and not allowed to do in the classroom.

It's funny how the use of Twitter was brought up in the interview. I just started using it, and I also feel foolish tweeting. I'll get the hang of it eventually.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you really enjoyed Ms. Cassidy's video. I think it is so fun watching the kids have such a blast using a computer. Technology, like you said, is a very important part of teaching these days. I am glad you are going to be willing to use it in your classroom one day. Not knowing what you will and won't be able to do is a very good question. I really enjoyed reading your post. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you'll get the hang of it. An excellent tool.

    Very thoughtful and well done! We all need an audience and journals didn't do that well.

    ReplyDelete