Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post# 12

What I Learned This Year

I think Mr. McClung's gives some very good advice. I love his honesty.The last post he discussed his first year of teaching and how he adjusted. This year Mr. McClung had more challenges. He didn't fluff his blog saying how wonderful the school year was. He was honest that there were issues with administration. Even though he went through many changes with this school year, he didn't forget about his students. He doesn't lose sight that the students are the main focus. I believe that Mr. McClung truly cares about his students and their education.

Imagine. Design. Create. Construct. (RB)
FabLab ModelMaker: Creating Unique Shapes & Custom Shapes
FabLab ModelMaker: Resizing 3D Shapes & Shape Nets
M-Cubed:ISTE Presentation Video

When I watched the assigned video, I was wondering what are these kids doing. This digital fabrication is all new to me. The kids seem to be having fun while doing something constructive. They are learning about geometry, problem solving, construction, deconstruction, and design. Since this is new to me I don't have too many ideas on how to use this in the classroom. I know that students learn about different geometric shapes in elementary school, so I guess this would be a good tool to learn about the different shapes. They actually would get hands on experience rather than looking at a flat object on a piece of paper.

It just wonderful what children are capable of. They never cease to amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in touch with Mr. McClung. And teach with a hands on approach!

    ReplyDelete