Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Comments 4 Teachers #2

globe children


I was assigned to follow Joe Dales's Blog Integrating ICT into the MFL Classroom. When I first went to the page I was wondering what ICT and MFL. I found out that ICT stands for information and communications technologies. MFL stands for modern foreign language. I'm not a foreign language major but, I learned quite a bit from Joe Dale's page. I learned that you could get an online generated newspaper on Twitter. I actually found this very helpful because I'm still not that comfortable using Twitter yet. This way I can read what's going on in a more organized way. I haven't taken a foreign language in ages, but using an online paper would be a useful tool in a foreign language class. It's not all that fun just using a textbook. Using something that is current makes learning a new language more interesting.

I also learned about editing Skype calls in Audacity after recording a call in Pretty May. I haven't had a chance to try it, but I will in the future. I will look in on this blog from time to time to see what new technology that Joe Dale is using.

No comments:

Post a Comment