Sunday, June 6, 2010

Comments4Teachers #1




Trails Optional

I had a chance to follow Miss Jen Devenberg's blog page for the past few weeks. She is a fifth grade teacher in Southern Alberta, Canada. She is a winner of the SMARTer Kids Innovative Use of Technology Awards.

I was very impressed by the content of her blog page. I had a chance to learn a little bit about using Smart Notebook and the types of tools that can be used with it. Miss Devenberg also uses the Nintendo DS in her classroom. The children have a chance to work on vocabulary, reading, literacy, and problem solving skills. This is actually the first classroom I saw using the DS as a learning tool. Miss Devenberg also has set up blogs for her students. I think it is great that the students are learning how to use the internet responsibly. At the same time they can share their ideas with others and get feed back. I was also amazed that her class is also using videoconferencing to connect with other classrooms. Miss Devenberg posted that her class was able to share science experiments with another classroom. I'm sure both classes enjoyed the experience.

I thank Miss Devenberg for the information on her blog page. I hope I am able to be as innovative in the classroom as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment